This is one of my all time favorites. Or as I like to say “go to recipe” I was seriously contemplating never sharing this recipe except for my future children’s children but it’s too good to keep a secret! I’d rate this a 5.5 star out of 5 (not tooting my own horn or anything..). I listed this as both a weekday and weekend recipe because it has very few ingredients and is fairly quick to make. However, if I was making this for the first time, I’d make it on a weekend to take your time and perfect all the steps. Once you see how easy it is, I’d make it anytime during the week.
This recipe makes 3-4 servings with a little bit of leftovers for lunch the next day or dinner.
- 1-2 cups of steamed broccoli
- 3-4 hot or sweet sausages
- 1lb of favorite pasta (for this recipe, I bought homemade spinach fettuccine from New England Pasta Company when I was visiting my parents in CT)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of milk
- 1-2 cups of Parm Cheese
- salt, pepper, and dried or fresh basil leaves to taste
- Steam the broccoli and let it sit until ready to use. In a separate pot, boil water and cook pasta according to directions on the box.
- In a sauce pan, melt olive oil or better
- Once the sausage is cooked through, remove sausage from the pan with a slotted spoon and put into a separate bowl.
- Add cream, milk, and spices to the sauce pan. Heat until simmering. Once simmering, slowly add the parm cheese. Make sure you are constantly stirring. The sauce will start to thicken once you add the cheese. If you’d like your sauce thicker, add more cheese (this is why I put 1-2 cups of cheese within the ingredient section).
- Once the sauce is thickened to your liking, add sausage and broccoli to the sauce and stir through.
- Pour sauce over desired amount of pasta. Top with more parm cheese and INDULGE.Pair this with a dry cabernet sauvignon.
Happy Eating 🙂 xo