“If you really want to make a friend, go to someone’s house…the people who give you their food, give you their heart.” Cesar Chavez
I made these little tomatoes for Christmas morning. Not only do they look great, presentation wise, they taste yummy too! They are incredibly easy and quick! Bake these bad boys for 25-35 minutes and they are set to go. I ate them with a side of sauteed spinach and a toasted croissant.
- 4-6 medium tomatoes, tops cut off and core hallowed out
- olive oil for brushing
- 4-6 eggs, medium or large
- 1/4 cup of chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make 4-6 small rings with crumpled foil (I used small ramekins)
- Brush the top edges and sides of the tomatoes with oil. If the tomatoes are large and less ripe, bake for 5 minutes before adding the eggs
- Crack one egg into each tomato. Sprinkle cheese and parsley on top. Season with salt and pepper. Place tomatoes on in their foil “seats” on the sheet pan
- Bake the tomatoes for 25-35 minutes or till the egg is cooked to your desired liking. In order to test the egg, poke the yoke with a fork or toothpick
- Remove from oven and serve hot!
Enjoy along side a mimosa 🙂
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!