Don’t let the cute little tortilla bowl fool you, these taco bowls are SO quick, easy, and cheap to make. I fortunately have tortilla bowl pans. An alternative to these pans, would be to drape a tortilla over an overturned bowl that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and bake at 375 degrees for no more than 8 minutes.
- 1 pack of ground chicken (you can use ground turkey, beef, or tofu if you’d like)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can of no salt added corn
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chopped jalapeno
- 1 packet of Fajita seasoning (if you’d like to make it homemade, click here)
- 1 pack of soft four Tortillas (NOT corn)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sauce pans, one medium/large and one small
*Optional add ins: black olives, avocado, cheddar cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream,
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drape tortillas over an overturned oven safe bowl that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook tortilla bowls in oven for no more than 8 minutes, or until the edges start to brown
- While tortillas are baking, in the small sauce pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil. Add chopped green pepper and sautee for 5-8 minutes until almost fork tender. Add in chopped onions, stir to combine and cook until translucent. Add corn, tomatoes, black beans, jalapeno and olives.
- In medium/large sauce pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and add ground chicken. Cook until chicken turns all white.
- Add fajita seasoning packet and follow directions on the packet (some call for 1/4 cup of water to help simmer the seasoning into the chicken).(DON’T FORGET TO TAKE OUT TORTILLA BOWLS)
- Once fajita seasoning covers the all chicken, add your ingredients from the small sauce pan. Stir to combine. Scoop into Tortilla bowl and add any optional add ins (i.e sour cream, cheese, avocado).
In the picture, I sliced half an avocado and seasoned with salt & pepper. I like avocado as a substitute for sour cream, healthier and filled with good fats. On the side are southwestern Tortilla chips.
Happy Eating 🙂 xo