Chicken Caprese is a quicker, healthier option to Chicken Parmesan. Now don’t get me wrong, I love me some Chicken Parma, but when it’s during the week I opt for a quick , easy, and yummy dish. Also one that’s easy to bring to work for leftovers. It also has very few ingredients that are likely already in your refrigerator or pantry.
Makes 2-3 servings.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 pts of halved cherry tomatoes
- 10 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese or 2-3 slices of buffalo Mozararella cheese (a block or shredded will do)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small-medium sauce pan & 1 large sauce pan
- Salt and pepper both sides of the raw chicken and set aside
- In the large sauce pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add chicken and cover until cooked thoroughly. Remember to flip them occasionally.
- While chicken is cooking, in the sm-med sauce pan heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add garlic and cooked, while stirring, for about 1 minute or until the garlic becomes fragrant (about 1 min). Add tomatoes and stir until tomatoes start to wrinkle. Turn off heat, stir in chopped basil.
- Once the chicken is cooked, top with Mozzarella cheese, pour tomato mixture over the chicken and cover to let the cheese melt (about 1-2 min). Drizzle balsamic vinegar over chicken and serve.
Happy Eating 🙂 xo