Pesto is incredibly easy to make and lasts over a week in your refrigerator. You do, however, need a food processor. I’ve put together my pesto guide that I adhere to, acquired by Food Network.
You can vary you’re ingredients to your liking with this simple step by step guide. This guide makes 1 cup of pesto.
- CHOOSE YOUR NUT OR SEED. Toast 1/4 cup of nuts or seeds in a dry skillet. Let cool. Pulse in a food processor until finely ground
- CHOOSE YOUR BASE (choose 3). Choose up to 3 cups of desired greens. Feel free to mix it up. I like Basil and Arugula
- CHOOSE YOUR SEASONING(choose 3). Add 1/2 – 1 tsp of your desired ingredients to processor.
- PICK A CHEESE. Grate 1/2 cup and add. Pulse to combine
- PRESTO PESTO. Slowly pour 1/2 cup of olive oil, pulsing to incorporate. Add 1/2 cup of the following tomatoes *optional. I looove sundried tomatoes in mine. This recipe makes about 1 cup of pesto.
**TIP: freeze your pesto in an ice cube tray for up to 3 months. Add to a hot pan (allow it to melt, do not cook it) with pasta for a 10 minute meal.