This week, I saw a Facebook post asking for a weekday recipe that’s quick to whip up. Citrus Steamed Tilapia immediately came to mind. It’s fresh, both light and filling, and packs some seriously delicious flavors. Inspiration? My mother of course.
I remember in college I was on the phone with her while in the grocery store and couldn’t figure out for the life of me what I wanted to make for dinner that night. I was all out of “inspiration” and wasn’t in the mood for really anything. All I knew is that I wanted something healthy, refreshing, and I didn’t have a lot of time. She immediately fired back with this recipe that I will forever use in a time-crunch. Oh, did I mention it has… 4 ingredients?
Also, Tilapia isn’t a very smelly fish (like Salmon), meaning you can bring this dish to work when it’s cold and it won’t smell up the office.
Makes 2-3 servings. Takes 10 minutes to make.
- 3-4 Tilapia Filets
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 medium pan with a lid
*Note: I only bought 1 filet – totaling $2.60
- Halve each fruit and squeeze the juice from each fruit into the pan.
- Turn on the stovetop and add fish to the pan. Feel free to add the remaining juiced fruit to the pan.
- Cover and steam for 5 minutes
- Top with lemon zest, dill, and sauce from the pan
I paired this with a side of spinach. What you see in the picture, is half a bag of spinach.
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1/2 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- Melt butter and garlic in a pan until bubbling. Add half a bag of spinach to the pan and stir until wilted.
Happy and Healthy Eating everyone 🙂 xo