This dish is just as good as it looks in the picture. It’s a perfect balance of sweet citrus and creamy cheese with an acidic balance of balsamic vinegar. Very few ingredients. Total time to cook is about 30 minutes because 20 of that is the chicken in the oven.
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped basil (must be fresh, not dried)
- 4oz fresh mozzarella ball, roughly chopped (1/2 cup of shredded mozz is okay too)
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries, preferably ripened, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 baking pan, 1 small sauce pan
- In a plastic bag, marinate chicken in 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar from 5 minutes to up to a few hours (I marinated mine for 5 minutes while prepping and heating the oven)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine chopped basil, chopped strawberries, and chopped mozzarella in a bowl, set aside.
- Lay chicken on a baking pan and generously season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. **Tip, for the last 5 minutes, scoop strawberry mixture on the chicken so the cheese melts and strawberries are warmed.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the remaining balsamic vinegar, simmer on high until balsamic is reduced and becomes almost syrupy (about 5 minutes of simmering)
- Top chicken with strawberry mixture and drizzle balsamic reduction on top.
Happy Eating 🙂 xo