This minimal ingredient dish packs a ton of flavor. Also, I’m not a huge fan of mushrooms (unless they are grilled Portobellos on a burger) but I have to say these are the bomb.com. In total, it takes about 25 minutes to make. Make sure to follow timing instructions – very important in this dish with maximizing flavor. Great for leftovers to bring to work!
This recipe makes 3-4 servings
- 1lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of sliced white mushrooms
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 cup of wine
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch OR flour if you don’t have it on hand
- 1 tabelspoon of butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream or half & half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 bag of cooked egg noodles or 1 cup of cooked rice (follow instructions on packaging)
- 1 medium, deep, sauce pan
- Dredge chicken in cornstarch (or flour). Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan on high heat. Lay chicken in the pan and cook 5 minutes per side
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to the heated pan. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to shrink and turn light brown (they will also be fork tender at this point).
- Once the mushrooms have browned, add 1 cup of white wine to the pan. Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove chicken again from the pan. Add heavy cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is heated through. Put chicken back into the pan, toss to coat chicken in sauce, and sprinkle some salt and pepper on top.
- Serve over a bed of egg noodles or rice
Happy Eating 🙂 xo